- February 5, 2018
SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER
Expert Process Design | Leadership | Process Optimization | Resource Minimization | Plant Operations
- 15+ years with a combined experience as Sr. Operations Engineer: I have led and oversaw the commissioning, start-up/shut-down, troubleshooting, up to oversight and optimized daily plant operations.
- and as Sr. Process Engineer Lead, I led all phases of process work for FEED, basic and detail engineering, calculations, equipment sizing, etc. process modeling and simulation of a wide range of processes for the Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, Refinery and Energy Industry, Up to support for construction and commissioning.
- Proficient in the following processing plants and equipments: Petrochemical, Hydrocarbon, Energy and Water Treatment facilities, Reactors for Petrochemical and Hydrocarbon processes, Catalysts, Distillation and Absorption Towers, Activated Carbon beds and Zeolites Heat-Transfer Devices, Reciprocating and Axial compressors, all kind of pumps including multiphase pumping, Gas and Steam Turbines, Boilers and HRSG, Cooling Towers, furnaces, blowers and fans, high-pressure containers, refrigeration circuits, chillers, distributed control systems, safety devices, flares, etc.
- Skilled in start-ups, shut-downs, commissioning, troubleshooting and coordinating unionized workforce.
- Proficient in HYSYS (w/dynamic simulations), PRO II, ProMax, PIPEPHASE, INPLANT, Flare net and AutoCAD.
- Expert in FEED studies, basic and detail engineering, PFD (process flow diagrams), P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams), heat and material balances, sizing and selection of process equipment, technical data and document management.
- Launch effective improvement initiatives while maintaining a safe work environment using HAZOP and risk assessments for plant operations.
- Adhere to API, ASME, TEMA, NFPA and good engineering practices.
- Inspect and approve designs, drawings and data generated by other engineers and disciplines.
- Execute multiple projects simultaneously and oversee operations at sites worldwide.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
PRINCIPAL PROCESS ENGINEER 11/206 – 2017
KBR | Monterey, Mexico
Provided analysis and expertise for the development and oversight of:
Process Simulations, Crude Characterization, Process Flow Diagrams, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Process Calculations, Equipment Sizing, Selection of Control and Relief Devices, Flare System Design, following Codes and Norms. Equipment and Vessel Data Sheets, Line List, Tie-ins List, Hydraulic Study, Relief Summary.
Provide technical support to other process engineers team members and disciplines.
Senior Process Engineer 11/2015 – 03/2016
Bechtel OG & C | Houston TX
Oversaw chemical projects for petrochemical and oil and gas industry.
- Managed process simulations, heat and material balances, equipment sizing and selection, calculation logs, design / data inspections and documentation for assigned projects.
- Coordinated PFD and P&IDs locally and remotely with Shanghai, China office.
- Optimized the design of several systems via process simulations with HYSYS, resulting in smaller equipment sizing.
- Led and participated in meetings with clients, vendors and other disciplines to coordinate work.
- Ensured projects came in on time and on budget without re-work.
PROCESS Engineering Lead 2013 – 11/2015
Ref-Chem | Houston TX
Led all phases of process work for FEED, basic and detail engineering, calculations, plant operations, start up, troubleshooting and process improvements for projects and plants across the U.S. in the petrochemical, refining, oil and gas, upstream and midstream industry.
- Directed process engineering work package planning including resource allocation.
- Optimized work process efforts through intensive use of HYSYS simulations, API, ASME, NFPA, and more for all engineering calculations, equipment sizing and assessments.
- Conducted and executed multiple projects simultaneously by minimizing resources, optimizing time and budgets. Projects included: compression stations, dehydration, crude and condensate stabilization and cryogenic systems.
Senior Process Engineer Lead 2010 - 2013
Northam Engineering | Monterrey, Mexico
Steered process engineering group during FEED, basic and detailed engineering for petrochemical, oil and
gas, refinery, upstream and midstream projects. Oversaw plant operations, commissioning, construction
support, troubleshooting, process improvement and procedure development.
- Completed engineering for a natural gas and condensate stabilization plant in less than 4 months and for LPG marine terminal and LPG storage terminal plants in less than 5 months each.
- Modeled and characterized several crude oil blends with process simulator.
- Developed crude preheating and stabilization skids.
- Developed 10 multiphase pumping stations and a pipeline network of 60 km with multiple compression stations interconnected.
- Contributed bids for projects related to the hydrocarbon and power industries.
Process Engineering Specialist 2008 -2010
Atlatec | Monterrey, Mexico
Provided technical input for a broad cross-section of cutting-edge wastewater process engineering
projects from feasibility to detailed design.
- Developed bids, conceptual designs, FEED and engineering plans for wastewater treatment plants.
- Managed equipment sizing and selection for water treatment projects and assessed suppliers.
Process & Operations Engineer 2006 - 2008
Gas Natural Mexico | Tamaulipas, Mexico
Supervised operations of 3 power plants of 500 MW each. Identified inefficiencies and recommended
ways to enhance plant performance.
- Reduced gas consumption in startup by 30% and improved shutdown procedures.
- Eliminated dead times due to maintenance by modifying operational procedures.
Operations & Process Engineer 1997 - 2005
Pemex-Petrochemical | Chihuahua, Mexico
Oversaw daily plants operation and provided direction and technical support to engineering management.
Updated startup and shut down procedures and facilitated process and continuous improvement program.
- Led revamp and raised performance of CO2 absorption tower.
- Improved performance of compressors without high impact in cooling towers by assessing (pinch analysis) and adding heat exchangers.
- Conducted technical assessment to ensure feasibility of switching from a mechanical refrigeration system to an absorption system.
- Oversaw activation / deactivation of catalyst for high / low temperature shift reactors, high / low temperature reformers and synthesis gas reactors for ammonia production process.
BS, Chemical Engineering | Universidad Autónoma de Chihuahua, México